11/5/14

Poem: The Hidden Life of the Gamer

I'm a gamer.
Nothing I can do about that.
Take away the game,
Take away the heart.
Even though I'm stuck like this,
I don't want to leave.
But maybe,
If I never ended up this way,
My life would be much different.

Sitting in the hallway
Playing on my 3DS.
Waiting for a person
Waiting for them to take notice.
Waiting for them to take interest.
A person passes by.
Another.
Another.
I equally want them to notice
But I don't.
I'm afraid.
Paranoid, I call it.
Paranoia is when you think people are trying to go after you
But that's not what this is about.
For a long time
I have been afraid
I fear that they all hate me
So I hide here
Sitting in the hallway
Playing on my 3DS.
Maybe they'll notice
And I'll return to my twisted reality.

I don't exist
I shall not exist
I never have existed
I never will exist
I want to exist
I don't want to exist
If no one takes notice
Is that really true existence?
Are you real
If no one knows that you are?

2 comments:

  1. My only complaint about this is that it makes me look much more poetic than I am in real life. I am not at all a poetic person. Poetry is too rational.

    ReplyDelete